• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Omnibook 900 HDD interface?

keenerb

Veteran Member
Anyone know what the HDD connector on the Omnibook 900 looks like? I bought one in excellent shape, looks brand-new but the HDD caddy is missing. Peekinginto the HDD bay makes me think it's some sort of card-edge connector.

The service manual shows the card edge connector adapter as being detachable so it looks like the drive itself is a standard IDE. I have no idea if the adapter is the same as the other 44-pin IDE to card edge adapters.

The service manual shows the card edge connector adapter as being detachable so it looks like the drive itself is a standard IDE. I have no idea if the adapter is the same as the other 44-pin IDE to card edge adapters.
Yeah that's what I think. I can see there's 2x22 contacts on what seems to be a card edge connector way down in there, so I bet if I can't find one I can make one pretty easily.

Do you know of a 2.5" 44 pin to card edge adapter?

Yeah that's what I think. I can see there's 2x22 contacts on what seems to be a card edge connector way down in there, so I bet if I can't find one I can make one pretty easily.

Do you know of a 2.5" 44 pin to card edge adapter?
There is a similar adapter for Dell laptops on offer at Ebay. I don't know if HP and Dell both used the same adapters. It may be available elsewhere but I haven't located one in a quick search.

Ah it looks like Dell used 44 pin to card-edge adapters in a lot of their systems, I picked up a few off of Ebay. Also grabbed a compactflash to 44pin ide adapter. Wish me luck.

Back