• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Omnibus Issues Thread

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
Hey gang,

We've had a slew of issues related to the transition of our former host to a new one and to an unfortunate hack on the forums.

There have been several threads about all of these issues and I want to make sure that we've addressed them.

1. Are the hacks/malware gone? I believe everything is clean and we've upgraded to the latest secure release but please let us know ASAP if that isn't the case.
2. Are redirects working again? As of yesterday afternoon I believe we smacked down the last of the redirect bugs and old threads linked in the forums at the vintage-computer.com address should be redirected properly. On the whole anyone who has vintage-computer.com/vcforum in their bookmarks should change to vcfed.org/forum, but the old stuff still works.
3. The old forum is now truly gone. We had turned it off and redirected from it but the bones were still there. We swept those away, so if you're getting into the old forums (you can tell by the forum header) then we've still got a problem.
4. Notifications should also be fixed. PMs, subscribed threads and so on should now send out proper emails. Please let us know if they aren't.
5. Performance has improved. It's not as snappy as I'd like, but it's not nearly the crawl it has been recently. Please let us know ASAP if things slow substantially or if performance is still unacceptable.

I will get an email out about the hack at some point soon. We're researching a few things related to it and I want to get those handled first. My main concern is password security...

I think that covers it, but if there were issues that I didn't notice or forgot please reply with those.

Thank you

The latency problem is as bad as ever -- maybe worse.

I'm now getting this which I never got before:

image.php
Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.vcfed.org home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.vcfed.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Back