• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Osborne for a good home

EvanK

VCFed Founder
I received an email from plebourgeois@me.com who said he's in Mandeville, Lousiana and has an Osborne available with accessories/manauls to a good home for the cost of shipping. He said he'll throw it away if he does not find a home for it soon.

That's all I know, do not reply to me or this forum, send the guy an email directly.

I got an interesting response from him. I figured I'd post it here for anybody considering to contact him...

I can send you photos next week. I’ve received a plethora of responses about my Osborne I. My intent is to donate it to a legitimate charitable organization for prosperity. So, I would necessarily need 501(c)(3) documentation, and a receipt of the value of the donation. If you are still interested, please provide the IRS documentation and what you consider the value of the item.

I received the same exact response. Verbatim. I was under the impression they just wanted to get rid of it. However they then started asking how much I wanted to pay since there were "so many interested parties,,"

maybe too many of us reaching out spoiled the find... or maybe not.. We will never know. Im guessing whoever has the most cash to burn will get it.

Same thing here. Most of the people here realize that in all probability the power supply will have to be rebuilt. The face value will depend a lot on what model it is and if it functions or not (probably not).

mD1pEDA.png

I'm tired of paying the taxes on my oceanside beach property in Arizona. You can have it for $200.

Hi, I manage the "Retrocomputing Lab" here at Stetson University in Central Florida. This lab will be used in undergraduate classes. Naturally, we're a 501c3. We are always looking for hardware donations and can provide a receipt for tax purposes. I can give more details about our lab if anyone is interested.

We would love this Osborne, as we don't have any yet (closest is a Compaq Portable). Perhaps we can pay shipping.

Hi, I manage the "Retrocomputing Lab" here at Stetson University in Central Florida. This lab will be used in undergraduate classes. Naturally, we're a 501c3. We are always looking for hardware donations and can provide a receipt for tax purposes. I can give more details about our lab if anyone is interested.

We would love this Osborne, as we don't have any yet (closest is a Compaq Portable). Perhaps we can pay shipping.

Your barking up the wrong tree Joshuaeckroth... If you read the post you would know what I am talking about.

Back