• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ozfers collection with a little bit of everything

Ozfer

Experienced Member
If you've seen any of my help topics that I've posted you probably know some of my collection already but here is the full thing. I have many vintage gaming systems and computers from the 70s-modern and I don't lean towards any brand. I will add more pictures soon.

vintage computers:

Vic 20
vicmodem, 1541 disk drive, tape drive, 1702 monitor

Commodore 64
1541 disk drive, 1702 monitor

IBM pc 5150
640K ram with odd-ball ram expansion board, trident VGA card, official IBM keyboard, 1 5.25" disk drive and 1 720k 3.5" disk drive, parallel port card unit came with 2, 5 inch disk drives originally.(many users here helped me get this system into working order since I got it last year and had no idea what I was dealing with at the time :)

Compact Macintosh Second Edition
full 4MB ram, 68030 micromac performer accelerator@16Mhz, 100MB scsi quantum fireball hdd(offical apple), 16MB virtual ram because of accelerator, 100MB iomega zip drive external scsi, offical 1 button adb mouse and a adb keyboard. I can also install a option motorola FPU later in the accelerator. Runs OS 7.1 (my repair adventure with this system since I originally got it in a not working state is on the vintage section in the macrumors forum)

Vintage game systems:

Atari 2600
Sega Master System
Nintendo Entertainment system

I have a ton more systems that I have collected but these are probably the most vintage I have. Kinda cool how NES and Vic20 used almost the same CPU and most systems used MOS back then... If I had more $$$ I would get more amiga and original apple computers but the prices have been skyrocketing lately on ebay... even the original IBM pcs are getting into the several hundred dollar range on ebay. Especially since Amiga seems to have more of a cult following now than ever and the original amiga 4000 and 3000 didn't sell as well as the older commodore systems.

Especially since Amiga seems to have more of a cult following now than ever and the original amiga 4000 and 3000 didn't sell as well as the older commodore systems.

I would say Amigas have the least 'cult following' now than ever. Most people who own them are happy to relegate these very competent machines to museum status.

they are flying off ebay pretty fast and many 4000s are over $1000, I can't even find a 1200 on ebay and they used to be common. The 500s were available for $50 or even less and now there are only a few for several hundred.

Not true at all going by what people will pay for them over here. Prices have been steadily on the rise for some time.

But people aren't buying them to be 'Amigans'. They're buying them for 'retro' appeal, and playing old games. The 'Amiga cult' is something different. 'Amigans' don't buy A500s and keep them stock to play (I don't even know any of the games anymore). We have A2000/A3000/A4000's/AmigaOne's, to do modern-day things.

I don't know how to describe the whole Amiga 'thing'. If you haven't lived Amiga for 20 years or more, the only comparison would be the stereotypical Apple people, only several orders of magnitude more fanatical. :D

I just have to say the AmigaOne is the biggest gimmick I have ever seen. Lets take a 25 year old computer line from a company that is no longer in existence, rework their whole software to the point it has barely any compatibility with the original software, run it on a completely different architecture than what the original system was and a architecture that still is already dead (ppc), sell it as a modern comeback of amiga that can compete with any computer today, do it using hardware that was obsolete for modern computers 5 years ago (ddr2 ram, pci slots, usb 2.0, etc...), make not much modern software for it including no real modern web browser support, not much popular modern software especially not software that isn't already open source and runs on everything from mac windows bsd and linux, have barely any hardware accessory support, limit the amount of ram to 2GB, support only ancient graphics cards that were modern 10 years ago, and slap the Amiga logo on it and charge 5 times what a modern computer costs, then make people pay for the operating system ON TOP of the hardware price, and this whole thing is done by a company completely unrelated to Amiga or commodore. Then offer no support and the community who has it is so small since no one can afford it but die hard original Amiga fans who have too much cash. It's cool in the sense it's something different but from a sensible standpoint its only for novelty use and its a expensive toy at that...

Back