• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Panasonic CF-72 Pentium 4 Toughbooks

kishy

Veteran Member
Over the last several years, I've acquired maybe 6 of these things...and these two are what came out of all that as usable, whole computers.

I am offering two Panasonic CF-72 Mark 4 Toughbooks.
1x Pentium 4M 1.6, 256MB permanent RAM, no add-on RAM installed (can add up to 1GB DDR for max 1.25GB total).
1x Pentium 4M 1.8, otherwise same as above. Dead CMOS battery. Better condition than the 1.6 unit, firmer hinges.
One for $30, make an offer on the pair. Shipping is extra.

I have 1x floppy drive, 1x Superdisk drive (reads normal floppies too), 1x CD-ROM drive. If you buy both, you get all 3 drives if you want them. If you buy just one, I'll include whichever drive you specify.

Both include laptop batteries. Both work but not for long (under 1hr).

No HDDs included, but the gel-lined caddies are present.

No chargers are included, however they are cheap and plentiful on eBay. The charger I've used with them is a hacked together ThinkPad charger (16V 4.5A) with the Panasonic end grafted on.

Photo album here.

Little bit of a bump here, with some changes:

Both laptops are now $15 a piece plus shipping.

No MP drive packs are included and I have decided not to sell the basic floppy drive. The Superdisk (LS-120/floppy) and CD-ROM drives are available for $5 each, to a buyer who is buying one or both of the laptops. This would make the pair of laptops and both MP drive packs $40 before shipping.

I have swapped out the photos at the link given in the OP with better and more comprehensive ones of both units.

I may have removed the mini-PCI dial up modems from these years ago, I don't recall for certain and the slot is not accessible without total disassembly. If I find the modems and they are desirable to you I will include them. Also I didn't express how floppy the hinges are on the 1.6GHz unit. They will hold the screen vertical, but at much of an angle, the screen will fall. The 1.8 unit doesn't have this issue.

I also have some miscellaneous hardware for these models...not missing from these examples but just little bits and pieces from others I've e-wasted. If there's something you need please let me know.

These units are now free plus shipping, otherwise as described above from reply #2 above.

I have been unable to locate the mini-PCI modems, so if they aren't in the laptops, they're gone in general.

Back