• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

parallel ascii keyboard

chuckcmagee

Veteran Member
Yep, I need one parallel ascii keyboard. Looks like your standard 7 bits of data and one strobe bit. I have googled until I'm punchy.

Or, if you just "happen" to have the rom images for Solid State Music CB1 cpu board (that would be 2 2708 rom images) SSM 8080 Monitor (tty version). If I had that, I could forget about the parallel keyboard for some time.

Can't quite remember how I did it, but if you are desperate, there's possibly
"copy con lpt1" (???) and make a plug with strobe and acknowledge connected together. I think that works, or possibly tie ack low, not sure now!
Or from basic "out" the data to &H3BC then clear and set the strobe bit (in ?3bd?)

It's been a while, and it's probably googleable.

p.s. placing order this morning!

Back