• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Parity Error on System Board

Yzzerdd

Veteran Member
Yet another post that has something to do with my evil AT&T 6300. Recently, I wiped the HD of it. I reinstalled MS-DOS, and attempted to reinstall Microsoft Works 3.0. For some reason, every time I try to install something on this evil machine, it freezes up, and the error message Parity Error on System board appears in big, bold letters. How can I fix this? :confused:

Tests

Tests

I understand it means there are/is (a) problem(s) with memory. I made the system completely as factory intended, and ran the test diskette specific to it's brand and series, and all passed. It ran tests on EVERY component in the machine, including system board and memory. MS-DOS installs fine on it. So does the test program, but Microsoft works and Windows doesn't install without the error. There are NO numbers, just "PARITY ERROR ON SYSTEM BOARD" no more, no less.

Fixed

Fixed

Good news, I fixed it! The computer has 640K of memory. I stupidly installed a multi-function memory expansion/calender/clock/calculator card, and forgot to tell it I already had max memory. Long story short, I realized all it's features where standard on my computer, and took it out. All is swell now.
The bad news is I already bought a new one(CRAP!!!) but I think it is a good contribute to my collection. I would be glad to sell or trade my extra.

Back