• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

PCjr available

mbbrutman

Associate Cat Herder
Staff member
There is a PCjr available in the Laguna Hills, CA area. It is a 128K unit with all documentation, keyboard, diskettes, and monitor in original packaging. The price is free. You have to talk the whole lot though. Contact me offline if you are interested.

I believe it is already spoken for.

I'm not the owner of the machine. In general, if somebody offers the machine to a good home the prospective owner should pay the shipping. To expect somebody to give you a complete machine and pay shipping is just too much ... they can much more easily take it in for recycling and not pay nearly as much.

If another machine comes along, I'll post here. Usually I get contacted about machines needing a home a few times a year.

Mike

Hey! *hits moderator with a newspaper* Don't even speak of recycling a computer over 15 years old! Just speak of such blasphemy scares the crap out of me!

Yeah, so how much would shipping be?

I sealed the deal with the owner, consider this topic closed. That PC Junior will have an excellent home in my museum. The owner's name will also appear on the donations section of my website. I dont prefer to mention the shipping costs. ^_^

If someone offered me an item for free, the least I could do is pay for shipping. I anticipate a PCjr w/ monitor weighs a bit, so it is a non-trivial amount, but I as the receiver would have to take it into consideration when accepting the gift.

carlsson said:
If someone offered me an item for free, the least I could do is pay for shipping. I anticipate a PCjr w/ monitor weighs a bit, so it is a non-trivial amount, but I as the receiver would have to take it into consideration when accepting the gift.
I am paying shipping...I would never expect, or want someone donating to pay shipping.

I wonder if anyone has invented community relay pick-up shipping:

Person A sells/donates an item to person B, who lives far away. Person C on occasion visits person A and has room to temporarily store the item, so he picks it up. Person D has an errand to the city where person C lives, so he carries it further to a meeting point with person E, who happens to live in the same town as person B, and finally the item comes home.

Moderator has a bigger newspaper to whack back with.

As much as I want to save them all, you can't. So if a machine can't be saved, the next thing to do is to make sure it doesn't end up in a landfill where it doesn't belong.

BTW, it is a 22 year old machine. Details at http://www.brutman.com/PCjr

Back