• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PDP-11/34 and 35

Qbus

Veteran Member
I have been talking with someone who has several items of DEC PDP-11 hardware for sale. This is all equipment that he stored away years ago from medical imaging systems. The items he would like to sell now are two PDP-11/34 systems; each has two RL-01or 02 drives in a 4 foot DEC rack. The 11/34 Unibus systems include the two KD11-EA CPU cards, KY11-LB programmers console with keypads, 64K of memory (not DEC), buss grant cards and terminator. The one thing that is missing from both systems is the RL drive controller. The other item that will be available is a set of cards for a PDP-11/35 that include M7231 data path, M7233 register decode, M7234 timing, M7235 status module and a Plessy memory board with 144 4027F chips ( 4K X 1 Dram) that looks to be 32K. They were pulled from an 11/35 that was scraped. I am planning on picking up all this stuff early next month, wanted to collect it up sooner but have too many other irons in the fire right now. I intend to keep one of the 11/34 systems for myself but would be willing sell the second system and the set of cards for the 11/35 Now for the good part, what I want. Couple things about this, first off this is a deal I have been working on for a while now and I don’t intend to have anything go wrong so I will pick up all the items and move them to my place in Salisbury Maryland. If you want to purchase the second 11/34 plan on picking it up from here. Don’t imagine a four foot rack full of computer and drive will ship well. The 11/35 set of cards will be easily shipped. Second, one of the lowest forums of life are the people who buy stuff with the only intent of re selling it to make more money or buy it to gut the system and sell all the parts on EBay, yea, once you own it you can do whatever you want with it but I am going to try to make a effort to see this second system and cards go to someone on this list who is a collector and not some hack reseller. Third, money isn't everything! I would be interested in also trading so if you have a RL-01 or RL-02 Unibus controller card, or a spare RX-02 drive with Unibus card, or RL-01 disk packs these are all things that I need and am interested in.
From the short period of time I have been active on this list and from the massive amounts of help I have received from other members I feel that offering this stuff here is the least I can do for a little payback. If you're interested in the details do the Private Message thing. I will also put this same thing in the stuff for sale area but wanted to list in the Dec section first.

Qbus

So you're obtaining both which will end up in MD and offering one over or offering one from the original seller? Just trying to gauge where they're sitting right now for folks.

I will have both of the systems at my place in Maryland; my agreement with the seller was to purchase everything. And am looking at selling the second 34 and the 35 cards to recover some of what I have spent on this.

update:
Still dealing with the logistics of getting up to where the stuff is and picking it up, been working on this deal for a while now and hope to have everything in my possession by mid July. I will post something after the systems are in my hands. Chasseing after this stuff is worse than chasseing after classic cars!
RF

I just did an updated web page with all the Dec PDP-11 stuff that I have that’s surplus to my needs that includes the second 11/34A system that I just got along with some drives and other things. I also listed what I am looking for building out the 11/34 that I am keeping and the stuff to fill the second system. You can see the listing at:

http://staff.salisbury.edu/~rafantini/items_for_trade_or_sale.htm

And let me know if you’re ready for swapping!

Back