• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PDP-11/34A FPU (FP11-A) on eBay

cchhrriiss11

Experienced Member
I was hoping I was the only one who saw this - looks like I'm not getting it anymore... just can't really justify $500+

M8267 FP11-A

Jumpers

I'm guessing these don't show up very often...

-Chris

I have to say I have never seen one before on eBay. But I don't check as often as I used to. I had an 11/34 with the cache option and the jumpers were similar.

Yikes. A few years ago I needed some so I made a couple of PCBs at OSHpark. PCBs cost ~$3 each.
Just add some IDC style connectors. I used SAMTEC ESW-114-33-S-D and ESW-122-33-S-D.
Capture.PNG
They are still shared on OSHpark.com. Just search for 'FP11A'.

Last edited:
Why in all hell's name did the jumpers sell for $179usd with 13 bids???
Lots more companies stored boards than jumpers and as people raid spares inventories, they find the boards but not the jumpers.
Interesting and annoying there are OTCs for the cache board as well and the OTCs used for running both cache and FPU are different than running one or the other.

Lots of 11/34a out there and while they don't look as cool as some other unibus machines, the CPU set is among the most trouble free of them all and the front panel maint-mode makes the 11/34 a really good diagnostic workhorse, so I can easily understand spending some money to make one "better".

Yikes. A few years ago I needed some so I made a couple of PCBs at OSHpark. PCBs cost ~$3 each.
Just add some IDC style connectors. I used SAMTEC ESW-114-33-S-D and ESW-122-33-S-D.
View attachment 1252749
They are still shared on OSHpark.com. Just search for 'FP11A'.
I just scored this for $100 off eBay... I guess I'll be getting some of these jumpers made shortly :)

1676596317582.png

-Chris

I just had a set of boards made via OSHpark. Due here in a couple of days.
The connector parts I ordered from Mouser are ESW-112-33-L-D and ESW-120-33-L-D. Two of each.
Note these are two columns shorter than the above called out connectors, and are centered in the hole pattern of each board.
The outer columns are just ground connections, and are not actually required/used. There are no corresponding pins in the DEC box headers.
The reason in going for the smaller connector is that the sockets on the boards are boxed, and the original larger Samtec connectors are just a bit too long.
They require some sanding/filing/rework to remove some of the shell to allow them to fit in the box header.
The original DEC connectors had dummy/unused/blank slots on the outer columns, and the connectors were thus a bit shorter, and fit in the box header.

Back