• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

PDP 11/45 Operators Console

Ridiculous. I wish I had one of those so I could sell it on eBay.

I wonder why the two bidders drove it so high. Am I missing something? It was just the panel, correct?

Paul

I think because the guy that designed it was selling it. It was in perfect condition, totally unused. Seller even states that all functions might not work as it was never put into use.

I think the guy that's selling it designed it or something. That can often effect the bidding strategies depending on the collectors' funding.

I think the guy that's selling it designed it or something. That can often effect the bidding strategies depending on the collectors' funding.

I'm pretty certain that that adds to the (relative) value of the item. I've jumped into several of the auctions of George Morrow's estate, just because I think it would be kewl to own something that was actually touched by a master's own hands. (Unfortunately, I haven't won anything yet, but I've come close).

--T

$4200 for a front panel?

I'm sorry - but THAT is just plain STUPID.

I don't think you are EVER going to get that near 5 G's back out of a damn front panel I don't care WHO owned it.

Just think - that's 2-3 Altairs/imsai's/Whatevers...and those have a MUCH higher probability of getting your money back. I mean, his name isn't really known (not like George Morrow, Ed Roberts, etc...) and an autograph, well, hey, I have a Sharpie over here...not like someone's going to get a COA for it for the front panel!

But, which we never seem to have a drought of idiots, who will pay ridiculous sums on fleaBay!

T

Indeed, I still see Tandy 100 and 102 going for $200 and up. I should hurry up and starting selling mine!

lol Terry. I haven't looked recently is there still stuff coming up from Morrow? I bid on his Altair and accessories a while back. I remember it being around $2500 and as I recall I think I was the last bidder until a few minutes or seconds before the auction ended and lost it by a few thousand.

Hello Vintage Computer Members - I am the seller (and designer) of the PDP11/45 Console in 2007. And I'm very grateful for the assertive bidding described above. Good news for all the rest of you....I have another PDP11/45 Operator's Console - in pristine NOS shape - with cables, schematics, key, bezel, etc. No wear on anything. No paint chips. Better condition that the 2007 oneBay. I'm now ready to part with this second, and final example. It will go up on an EBAY auction in one week. In the mean time, if anyone would like to make offers and/or privately negotiate about this - email me rgray AT pozenresearch DOT com

Back