• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PDP-8 Ramblings

May I suggest the Raspberry Pi Pico rather than Arduino.

It's way more powerful and has a much better tool chain.

I have just an 8/E and a new 8/A and I don't have time to get every thing up and running and working so I understand.

My PiDP-11 is sitting in a drawer half assembled and I have a Prusa 3D printer in the same state.

Fun! Vince has a real PDP12, in the meanwhile he is pushing SIMH to do the PDP12 work :biggrin: How is your PDP12 doing by the way? Is it up and running already?

Fun! Vince has a real PDP12, in the meanwhile he is pushing SIMH to do the PDP12 work :biggrin: How is your PDP12 doing by the way? Is it up and running already?
Note quite :) . It is more or less fully re-assembled, but the first 4K isn't working reliably. Also, the LINCtape drives were acting quite oddly and there is no display on the VR14. So definitely some work to do there. I had considered some of the smaller projects (32K memory, flip chip tester, etc.) more urgent, and since those are mostly hung up now on supply chain issues, I have been doing software projects recently. When Iget back from the Baltimore repair trip in June, I may feel motivated to work again on my 8/i and PDP-12.

Vince

Back