• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PDP-8 Serial Disk installation scripts

BitWiz

Experienced Member
Attached are two bash scripts (tested on Raspberry Pi OS) for serial disk.

run each script with sudo ./<scriptname>.

If an existing os8diskserver directory is present it will be renamed and a new copy installed.

getos8diskserver -- installs all of the necessary files to build the os8diskserver and the os8diskserver source itself.
makeos8diskserver -- builds os8diskserver, installs a local copy of simh and builds a serial disk bootable OS/8 image as well as several other rk05
images and creates a script to start os8serial disk with the default RK05 images.

Feel free to fold, spindle and mutilate this.

Please let me know if you find any bugs, have any suggestions or make any generic modifications.

I'm hoping to get this into the os8diskserver github as soon as I get a chance to create a pull request

Note: This is also being cross posted to the VCF DEC forum. Please post this to any other forums or mailing lists you feel are appropriate.

Mike

Attachments

• getos8diskserver.zip
    748 bytes · Views: 8
  • makeos8diskserver.zip
    1,005 bytes · Views: 7
Attached are two bash scripts (tested on Raspberry Pi OS) for serial disk.
A quick nit -- my system complains that those aren't ZIP files, and "file" reports them to be in 7-zip format.

Indeed, they work fine with 7zip, though (on my system) that requires several more mouse-clicks.

Vince

Vince

That's because I zipped them up on a Pi using the standard gnome file explorer which uses 7-zip but the uploader for the forums does not except .7z files just .zip files.

Sorry for the confusion.

Back