• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The South Pentium II Windows 98 PC

Covers: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and West Viriginia.

RonBurgandy2010

Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
I have an almost never used PC that I am hoping to get to a good home. From what I can tell, it's a custom built machine with a Pentium II CPU running Windows 98. The unit has almost no yellowing, the front panel can maybe use a sprucing up but that's it. I currently have it under a blanket to protect it from further exposure. The PS2 keyboard doesn't respond very well, and the mouse controls like ass but that might just be because I don't remember how bad balls were. I've replaced the CR2032 CMOS battery, and the damn thing boots like a champ. 64MB of RAM in 2 DIMMs with a slot to spare, a sound card, a modem card, and a graphics adapter card for output. Hard drive looks like a ~6GB IDE HDD with x3 2GB partitions, the latter two completely empty. The first half of partition 1 is filled with program files and some temp files I need to clear, specifically the Temp Internet Files folder. Disc drive seems like it works but I don't really have any software on hand to test it out with.

I have the Windows 95 disc, an HP DeskJet 670C printer with cables, and a speaker setup as well. Below is a link to some pics of the machine powered on. I'm located in the Gulf Coast region and travel all through LA and the bottom half of MS for work all the time. The machine is free to a good home, just need to cover shipping if you want it shipped. We can discuss packaging if it goes that route. Let me know if you have any questions, though I don't have a lot of answers. It's an estate grab that I'm mostly trying to keep out of a landfill.

Love to have the win95 disc if no one takes the machine. My copy is pretty sad after 20+ years of use. Hope this machine finds a good home, that case is awesome!

If for some reason no one wants it, and have to get rid of it, I am interested in the tower.

I have an almost never used PC that I am hoping to get to a good home. From what I can tell, it's a custom built machine with a Pentium II CPU running Windows 98. The unit has almost no yellowing, the front panel can maybe use a sprucing up but that's it. I currently have it under a blanket to protect it from further exposure. The PS2 keyboard doesn't respond very well, and the mouse controls like ass but that might just be because I don't remember how bad balls were. I've replaced the CR2032 CMOS battery, and the damn thing boots like a champ. 64MB of RAM in 2 DIMMs with a slot to spare, a sound card, a modem card, and a graphics adapter card for output. Hard drive looks like a ~6GB IDE HDD with x3 2GB partitions, the latter two completely empty. The first half of partition 1 is filled with program files and some temp files I need to clear, specifically the Temp Internet Files folder. Disc drive seems like it works but I don't really have any software on hand to test it out with.

I have the Windows 95 disc, an HP DeskJet 670C printer with cables, and a speaker setup as well. Below is a link to some pics of the machine powered on. I'm located in the Gulf Coast region and travel all through LA and the bottom half of MS for work all the time. The machine is free to a good home, just need to cover shipping if you want it shipped. We can discuss packaging if it goes that route. Let me know if you have any questions, though I don't have a lot of answers. It's an estate grab that I'm mostly trying to keep out of a landfill.

Are you still looking for someone interested in the PC? If so, I would definitely be interested. We would need to work out shipping to Lafayette, TN and so on. This would be an awesome PC to get back into retro pc gaming.

Love to have the win95 disc if no one takes the machine. My copy is pretty sad after 20+ years of use. Hope this machine finds a good home, that case is awesome!

If for some reason no one wants it, and have to get rid of it, I am interested in the tower.

Hi,

I have copied all my CDs and DVDs into .ISO files on my PC so I don't lose them anymore. I save the name as the product key for some but also keep a .TXT file of all my product keys.

I suggest you do that same with yours too.

Are you still looking for someone interested in the PC? If so, I would definitely be interested. We would need to work out shipping to Lafayette, TN and so on. This would be an awesome PC to get back into retro pc gaming.
Still am, shoot me a DM and we can chat there, or move to another text app or something.

Unfortunately, I'm still a moderated user so unable to send Direct msg's and posting my e-mail would get the msg removed I believe. I'm trying to work out the best way to get into direct contact but I'm not sure what the best way would be. You could go to my facebook account and send a friend request and that might work. facebook.com/Tyraxiss and if that doesn't work I'll post my yahoo e-mail here and see if it goes through.

I'm very interested in the system

Brian

Hi,

I have copied all my CDs and DVDs into .ISO files on my PC so I don't lose them anymore. I save the name as the product key for some but also keep a .TXT file of all my product keys.

I suggest you do that same with yours too.

Oh I have them all backed up, and still burn discs when needed (lately using CDRW, to reuse discs). But there's something special about using the original discs. OP was kind enough to send me a few new copies of Win95 and a copy of Win98 SE. Between him and the licensees I already had, I have legit copies for every machine that runs it now. (y)

Thank you again for the discs!

Just make a few more posts Brian. I would remove your email address before the mods see it... >.>

Say hello in the new person area, and maybe show a few pieces of your collection in the collection area. The 10-15 posts you need will be easy.

Back