• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PET Video Problem

TomL_12953

Experienced Member
I have an original PET 2001-32 with chicklet keyboard and built-in cassette recorder but with a newer motherboard than either the 2001-4 or 2001-8.
The characters on the left side (first 10 or so) of the monitor are wider than the ones in the middle or on the right.
Is there an easy adjustment to even out the character width? Thanks for any advice!

Tom Lake

That looks like exactly what I need. I'll let you know how it works out when I get back to the office tomorrow and try to adjust those rings.
Thanks a lot for the link!

I sure wish I knew someone locally with his knowledge I could learn from.

Tom L

Hi Tom,

My Blue PET "adventure" was the hardest repair i did until now, but the old tech is relatively sturdy and easy to understand ....
All my knowledge i gathered collecting Vintage Computers. I had a little knowledge from school, where i nearly not passed electronics ...

Greetings TOM:)

PET Video Problem - No Luck

PET Video Problem - No Luck

Well, I finally got back to the office and tried to rotate the rings but it didn't change the width at all. Are there any other adjustments I could make?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Tom,

Sorry, i don´t think there are more adjustments you can make ...

Do you have Access to an oscilloscope? The PET outputs Video+Hsync+Vsync maybe one of this Signals is not OK ... (In my PET the Vsync was bad due to a "duff" Logicchip, and that lead to a distorted (when stretched) or half height picture) Maybe on your PET the Hsync Signal is bad ...

Can you post pictures of the Motherboard and its Serial Number?

Greetings TOM:)

Back