• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Philips 2000C boot disks...

nige the hippy

Veteran Member
Hello, I gather from the pages on "Daves old computers" that CPM builds are specific to the computer they're intended for.

1) am I right?, and

2) other than "sundown 79" (who's gone quiet), has anyone got a build for a philips 2000C, or a link to one? ( mine now fixed )

3) while I'm on the subject, could probably do with ones for the "wren executive", and the "xerox 820"

T.I.A. and

4) can anyone tell me why I have the urge to try to fix faulty things!

Nig.

Well Nig,

I have a Philips 2000c not so far away from you in Hertfordshire, complete with CP/M Wordstar, Calcstar and all the rest. I'll have to dig it all out and copy the boot diskette for you (I hope that Digital Research still doesn't enforce the copyright).

Steve

That's brilliant,

Probably best if I wander over with my machine, & check the drives work ok etc.

I must get myself a copy of one of the disk imaging programs, and get images of the various odd boot, diagnostic, and setup disks I have, online. If only for safe keeping.

I have a small (no actually, relatively large) collection of 8" disks too, and thought I'd got a bargain 8" drive off ebay last week for copying purposes, as I don't want to even temporarily cannibalise my S-100 system, however It was missing it's control board, Damn!

Better Still.................................

Better Still.................................

Nige,

Seeing as how you're so keen, I'll make you a better offer.

You come over here and collect the lot, and test your drives to your hearts content.....

You'll be the proud owner of a pristine P2000C with all its original software and manuals..... gratis.......

Message me your email address to arrange.

Regards,

Steve

Back