• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Philips Magnavox VGA Color Display...

Stone

10k Member
It's Model No. CM9032 and was manufactured in 1991.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Best offer takes it.

Is it VGA-only? It looks like it uses the same case (and maybe even picture tube?) as the 15.75 kHz C64/Amiga/CGA/etc. monitors from Philips / Magnavox.

Yes, VGA only. There's no switches or buttons to put it into any other mode(s).

I had a dozen or so NEC Multisyncs that I've been selling off here for a number of years.

The last one I sold was in October or November, 2019.

If I can source another one would you be interested?

potentially, PM me with details if you find something

I'm pretty gun shy about CRT shipping, but it seems like you are experienced in packaging them so I might could go for it

ETA: to clarify I'm looking for 15kHz RGB monitors that will do analog RGB, I have a 5154 already for TTL and don't really need more TTL displays

Here's the skinny:

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?25760-NEC-(and-other)-multisync-monitors

If I can get one it would be one of those two. I don't know which one might be available or even if it's still a possibility. I'm not going to ask the possible source unless there is definite interest.

Yeah if you can get one shipped safely to VA for $120 and it's in good condition (not a million hours on the tube, no burn-in, good corner focus, etc.) I'd take it

just out of curiosity (I'd be interested regardless) does that NEC monitor sync to the standard DOS VGA textmode (400p70) ?

Where did you see that?

The "MULTIPLE.HTM" file in that archive indicates a maximum vertical refresh rate of 62Hz, as does the 1401VGA.TXT. However, the SPECS.HTM seems to contradict that by saying it supports 67Hz refresh on Macs. So maybe it does do 70Hz no problem in the 400 line mode?? I'll just have to hook it up and see :D

I can confirm based on personal experience that the original NEC Multisync works fine with all standard VGA text and graphics modes. I believe it can also do 800x600 at 56 (or maybe also 60?) Hz and 1024x768 interlaced.

I can confirm based on personal experience that the original NEC Multisync works fine with all standard VGA text and graphics modes. I believe it can also do 800x600 at 56 (or maybe also 60?) Hz and 1024x768 interlaced.

heck yeah

Back