• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PiDP-8/I

KM11

Experienced Member
Just curious if anyone here has seen any correspondence from our friend Oscar regarding his PiDP-8/I project. I added my name to his interested parties list on May 1 and haven’t seen anything yet, but happened to notice an update on his Wiki over the weekend saying that everyone who had expressed interest before May 9 had received an “order form”. I’m sure the logistics of putting this venture together are not always fun but it appears that he’s very close to shipping kits.

I received my order form on the 22nd, so it's probably worth asking him about it. Invoices are expected to be sent around July 11th and shipping 18th at the latest.

I received my order form as well. There's also been at least two newsletters since VCF. Poke him and see if you possibly fell off the list.

I think if you haven't heard or received any newsletters that you're not on his list yet. He said earlier (somewhere - can't remember now) that the script he'd used for his automatic signup on his web page was a bit unreliable. I'd drop him an email, he's usually pretty prompt. He's planning another run of the kits in September I believe so if you missed this round no big deal.

I have. I've already submitted an order and am waiting for a bill.

Just curious if anyone here has seen any correspondence from our friend Oscar regarding his PiDP-8/I project. I added my name to his interested parties list on May 1 and haven’t seen anything yet, but happened to notice an update on his Wiki over the weekend saying that everyone who had expressed interest before May 9 had received an “order form”. I’m sure the logistics of putting this venture together are not always fun but it appears that he’s very close to shipping kits.

Hi,

I added my name to his interested parties list on May 1 and haven’t seen anything yet

Oh dear o dear! Another sign that I should not have trusted ready-made web apps to handle my mailing list. Not to worry - just drop me a PM or send me an email and I can solve it. I withheld a couple of PiDP units for when bludners would arise in the ordering process!

Update - the first two trial kits (taken from the final parts deliveries, not prototypes) go out tomorrow to - hopefully - nastily critical testers. All I'm waiting for is to take full delivery of the acrylic panels, they should come on on July 6th. And then packing up starts in earnest... I can say, actually *producing* a kit is a lot more work than I thought. Although I was warned before. But it's good fun - if you don't do it too often :)

Regards,

Oscar.

I, for one, greatly appreciate the wonderful effort you've gone to and that you were willing to make even a limited number of these available to the community. I'm really looking forward to sending you money and getting my kit!!!

Hi,

Oh dear o dear! Another sign that I should not have trusted ready-made web apps to handle my mailing list. Not to worry - just drop me a PM or send me an email and I can solve it. I withheld a couple of PiDP units for when bludners would arise in the ordering process!

Update - the first two trial kits (taken from the final parts deliveries, not prototypes) go out tomorrow to - hopefully - nastily critical testers. All I'm waiting for is to take full delivery of the acrylic panels, they should come on on July 6th. And then packing up starts in earnest... I can say, actually *producing* a kit is a lot more work than I thought. Although I was warned before. But it's good fun - if you don't do it too often :)

Regards,

Oscar.

Thanks to all who really gave quite a bit of encouragement along the way - and for taking the 'leap of faith' buying one. It's been interesting, putting together a replica kit is a very different thing from just building a gadget as a one-off for yourself. As long as it adds to the stock of blinkenlights in the world, it's worth it :)

Yes, thank you Oscar for your efforts and the personal follow-up. Everything appears to be reconciled and I look forward to participating in the September group. In the meantime, I plan to watch the “early adopters” and hope to benefit from their experiences and comments.

Hi all, I just wanted to check if anyone out there has received their invoices yet? I got the order form back on the 23rd, and sent it in, and got notice on the 10th that invoices would be coming out on the 11th, but have yet to receive the invoice...

I just thought I would check here first before bugging Oscar directly, as I can imagine him being busy enough getting everything ready.

Thanks.

Back