• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Planning on dropping by RICM July 14

Crawford

Experienced Member
Greetings,

My wife and I are taking a trip that will allow us to be in Rhode Island on July 14. I’m planning on dropping by the Rhode Island Computer Museum (RICM), for as long as I can, to see what they’re working on and talk with folks. Any pointers for my visit, other than bring my camera?

-Crawford

Greetings,

My wife and I are taking a trip that will allow us to be in Rhode Island on July 14. I’m planning on dropping by the Rhode Island Computer Museum (RICM), for as long as I can, to see what they’re working on and talk with folks. Any pointers for my visit, other than bring my camera?

-Crawford

Send an email to dan@ricomputermuseum.org and mike@ricomputermuseum.org and let them know of your plans, and what time you will arrive.

We have two locations. The Learning Lab space has small machines, the PDP-12, and the PDP-8/I.
Directions to the Learning Lab space are here.
I will be at the Learning Lab about 10:00AM, but can meet you earlier.

The big machines are in a warehouse a few miles away.
It would be best if you stopped at the Learning Lab first, and then we can go to the warehouse.
Directions to the warehouse are here.
The warehouse is starting to look like Area-51, and doesn't have the facilities of the Learning Lab, so be prepared.
The big equipment is listed here.

I was planning on stopping by RICM a couple of years ago when we were holidaying in New York. The wife and son couldn't see what the attraction was and vetoed my visit. Maybe another time...

You need to update your inventory list at some point. Your Honeywell DPS-6 equipment is not at RICM anymore. It went on its holidays to the UK...

Dave

Back