• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Please fix the PM system

My take is that they bought into a lemon and no one, including the distributor, has the wherewithal to fix it. Why not revert back to the old board until such a time that this thing is ready for prime time?
rolleyes.png

They use XenForo, which all of the other previously vBulletin-based forums I belong to switched to rather than upgrade to this new, troublesome vBulletin version.

This is true, many forums did switch to XenForo after not been able to deal with the vBulletin upgrades and mess.

Regarding funding: Remember that if you checkout an Amazon purchase using smile.amazon.com, a certain amount of the proceeds can go to your designated nonprofit. VCF is definitely on that list.

We’re still working on dealing with the PM issues. There are other discussions ongoing, as well.

If anyone finds any suggestions for the PM issue, please share them, as we haven’t hit on the solution, yet.

Thanks!
- Alex

They use XenForo, which all of the other previously vBulletin-based forums I belong to switched to rather than upgrade to this new, troublesome vBulletin version.

vBulletin has always been a dumpster fire, even free forum softwares like phpbb are so much better. I've always been partial to Invision Power Board myself though.

Not sure if you'd want IPB these days, not since they completely removed BBcode support, and it's full of the same Javascript that you're all complaining about. And I heard it's expensive.

Not sure if you'd want IPB these days, not since they completely removed BBcode support, and it's full of the same Javascript that you're all complaining about. And I heard it's expensive.

IPB is the least expensive if you just want the basic forum software. It's $200 with support and upgrades being an additional $50 a year.

Xenforo is $160 for one year, with the option to purchase an additional year of support at $55, then you have to pay the full $160 again.

vBulletin is the most expensive at $250 with $210 upgrades.

IPB and Xenfofo do nickel and dime you to death for extra features though.

Can we please put member locations back below thier avatars? I assumed this would have been done by now.. People keep posting messages dependant on thier location and its not obvious. Do not tell me to click on thier profile that defeats the purpose of having thier location obvious.

Can we please put member locations back below thier avatars? I assumed this would have been done by now.. People keep posting messages dependant on thier location and its not obvious. Do not tell me to click on thier profile that defeats the purpose of having thier location obvious.

2nd . . .

I asked for that two times already as well, no one cares. If not even a 2-minute change is done that many people cry for, I doubt any of the real problems are ever getting fixed. Really a shame. Same with simply putting the "Mark Channels Read" link into the top bar next to "New Topics". Quick change with a huge impact on usability, but... nothing.

Someone did the upgrade. That was certainly quite a task and took time. Why is no further time invested to get the forum into a usable state?

Same with simply putting the "Mark Channels Read" link into the top bar next to "New Topics". Quick change with a huge impact on usability, but... nothing.
I'd like this too. It's stupid to be at the bottom so I have to scroll all the way down to click this button.

It's our punishment for not using glorious smartphones and moving to Twitter(R)(TM)/Facebook(R)(TM) like a bunch of teenage girls.

We are just supposed to just be good little cows and put up with it. Sit back as people forget how to use technology, the government implodes, buildings collapse, grab a Brawndo and watch the latest episode of Ow My Balls surrounded by seizure inducing advertisements.

I'd bet that the admins have talked to whoever supports the software and it went something like this "Uh, huhu, yea, we like, fired all the developers. They weren't doing anything productive anyway, yea, I'm from marketing and we run things now. We do productive things like insert Twitter and Facebook advertisements. That makes us money. We like money. Your users are using computers? What's a computer? Firefox? Is that like a Google? Changes? We don't know how to do that. Does that make us money? Oh, hey, Ow My Balls! is on."

I suppose it could have been worse. They could have moved everything to Microsoft Sharepoint.

So me and my wife are on vacation in the pacific northwest.. Apparenly weed is completely legal here... We hsve passed by plenty of people smoking right next to small children.. We are doomed as a country.. And probably a species... 8m moving to central europe... Seems everyone here is a "Pilot".

Back