• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PMs and new account default settings

chuckcmagee

Veteran Member
As we all know, if you are new to this forum stuff, you fail to notice that the upper right corner says UNREAD: 1. The standard default for a new account is to NOT set the " new PM popup warning ". So... people have a PM but they go days without noticing that fact. I did the same when I started here. It was tough to train myself to keep looking at that upper right corner all the time (hehe, reminds me of "Look eye, always look eye" from Karate Kid).

I actually find the " new PM popup warning " to be a real PITA but one does not have to keep "look eye". If possible, we should change the new account default setting for this option to be ON instead of OFF. The other approach would be a batch database conversion to turn it on for everyone. I am sure that would not go over well.

Maybe, just maybe, that would eliminate our absolute fave ---

PM SENT!!

Good point, I don't think I ever noticed that setting being off but maybe I signed up before then or tweaked it when I first signed up.

The setting I do have set which helps a lot is under Private Messaging "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages". This way it will send you an email (with the entire PM) to your mailbox that you have set.

Back