• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Popular Science magazines, 1960's and 1970's

Maverick1978

Veteran Member
Hey, guys...

We're cleaning out my grandfather's house as it will be sold by the end of the month (he died earlier this year). He was a flea market type of guy, a product of the Depression, and anytime he saw "a deal," he had to have it, no matter what it was or who would find it useful. This would go for material items as well as food. Amongst his favorite things to buy were magazines, books, and encyclopedias to give to anyone and everyone so that they could learn and make something of themselves.

Growing up, I used to hate that as much as I loved it, as when you took one or two books that you really wanted, he'd bring you 30 others along a similar vein (at least to his eyes), none of which you were actually interested in.

Looking back now... I miss those days :)

Anyways.... Popular Science. I haven't gone through them more than a handful at the top and a quick glance through the box(es). Most seem to be PopSci, though there could be others. They appear to be 1960's and 1970's, predominantly, though there could be some older, some newer.

I'll be quickly going through them to see if there's any issues that jump out at me, but I've no desire to keep them all, nor do I have much desire to see them go to the recyclers.

If there's any interest for them, they are free for cost of shipping (media mail).

I'd prefer not to have to compile a list of issues - but trust me when I say that there are two boxes, each weighing about 40lbs. I won't cherry-pick them, but if anyone wants to, say, fill up a smaller box rather than take them all, I'm for that too.

Caveat: these have been in outside storage for what probably amounts to my entire life. They will not be perfect condition. There may be signs of wear from the conditions (silverfish, etc), but I'll be tossing anything that's in too bad of shape (i.e. if I wouldn't keep it for myself, I wouldn't expect anyone else to keep it either).

Replies to PM, please....

Back