• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Portable Disk Drive for Tandy Model 100 and 200

natcha

Experienced Member
I have a Portable disk drive for the Tandy Model 100 & Model 200 portable computers. The drive is Catalog Number 26-3808 and is in the original box. Comes with the interface cable.

I had purchased this drive for use with my Model 102 only to learn that it does not work with that model. I do not know if the drive works or not. It is in very clean condition.

I would like to see someone put it to good use.

Price: $25 plus $15 shipping to United States only.

Please send a PM if interested.

Thanks,

Bill
Smithville, NJ

That's really interesting.. do you remember why it doesn't work? ROM upgrade type issue? I remember at VCFSW Brendon and I were trying to get one that Curtis had to work happily and were unsuccessfully testing it on what were probably 102s. I wouldn't have thought about there being that big of a difference. I can't quite remember the actual issue though (I thought something about it not initializing properly over serial).

That's really interesting.. do you remember why it doesn't work? ROM upgrade type issue? I remember at VCFSW Brendon and I were trying to get one that Curtis had to work happily and were unsuccessfully testing it on what were probably 102s. I wouldn't have thought about there being that big of a difference. I can't quite remember the actual issue though (I thought something about it not initializing properly over serial).

I have one that I purchased back in 1984/5 from RS. I think the thing was made by Purple Computing and it cost as much, if not more, than the 100 itself. Mine is in pristine condition, never abused, and will not work. It powers up and that's it. I don't have the patience to tear into it. I would like to find someone who is adept in these things and has some repair experience with the little drive. And I have some pretty neat software for the drive. How about a very small DOS system, called Accotrix, or something close - paid $29.95 back in the day. Also Scripsit with all the manuals.

FWIW, I used to have a NEC PC-8201a with the disk drive system (would actually hold two floppy drives) and I never could get it to work. I don't know if I needed special software for it, and back when I had it support was nigh impossible to find.

If it hasn't had the rubber belt replaced, that would be the likely cause of any of these not working at their age. I have one that I bought (pristine condition as well) that needed the belt replaced, it is a trivial operation, and now it works like new. Its a good price for what is offered and if it is still around next month, I hope to pick it up. (I already blew my vintage budget this month).

If it hasn't had the rubber belt replaced, that would be the likely cause of any of these not working at their age. I have one that I bought (pristine condition as well) that needed the belt replaced, it is a trivial operation, and now it works like new. Its a good price for what is offered and if it is still around next month, I hope to pick it up. (I already blew my vintage budget this month).

Where did you get the belt?

Just to let everyone know, the Disk Drive has found a new home.

Thanks,

Bill
Smithville, NJ

Back