• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Ontario Price Check for Tandy 1000 TX with Keyboard and Tandy CM-5 Monitor

Ontario

Vorde

Delivery Options
International Shipping or Local Pickup
Hello,
I inherited this Tandy 1000 TX, and I don't personally have a use for it or the space unfortunately. Looking to sell this to someone who can give it a good home. It has yellowed over time and would need to be retrobrighted to be white or beige again, but aside from colouring, the casing and everything else is in great condition.
Completely cleaned keyboard and inside of Desktop as well.
Currently I own no software that's compatible so I do not have a proper way to test it. At this point I'm looking to see what the best option would be, whether I should find a way to get some software for it and test it, or if I should be looking at selling it to someone more experienced with it.
PM me for more details, thank you!

-Vorde

Hello,
I inherited this Tandy 1000 TX, and I don't personally have a use for it or the space unfortunately. Looking to sell this to someone who can give it a good home. It has yellowed over time and would need to be retrobrighted to be white or beige again, but aside from colouring, the casing and everything else is in great condition.
Completely cleaned keyboard and inside of Desktop as well.
Currently I own no software that's compatible so I do not have a proper way to test it. At this point I'm looking to see what the best option would be, whether I should find a way to get some software for it and test it, or if I should be looking at selling it to someone more experienced with it.
PM me for more details, thank you!

-Vorde
Where are you located?

How much were you asking for it?
I was thinking around $400 since I saw other models including the CRT going for this price on eBay, but since this is a rarer model, I'm thinking it might be worth more; hence why I was asking for a price check on this from a person who collects vintage computers

I was thinking around $400 since I saw other models including the CRT going for this price on eBay, but since this is a rarer model, I'm thinking it might be worth more; hence why I was asking for a price check on this from a person who collects vintage computers
Please, not rare. They are available on this side of the border. A 1913 Indian Head Buffalo nickel with 3 legs is rare. Also, the 24 cent inverted
"Jenny" biplane is rare.

Please, not rare. They are available on this side of the border. A 1913 Indian Head Buffalo nickel with 3 legs is rare. Also, the 24 cent inverted
"Jenny" biplane is rare.
Sorry I will use the word "uncommon" or "less common" going forward.

but since this is a rarer model, I'm thinking it might be worth more;
What makes you think it is rare at all? The fact you can not find one on ebay?

Also, get software and test it to make sure it is actually working. That's critical for its value.

Oh, and post pictures. If it's badly yellowed or has other damage, the values goes down greatly as well.

Well to be blunt the CM-5 is a junk monitor, If I were to try to buy I would not want the CM-5. Therefor a small price reduction would be good. Besides I have an RGBtoHGMI convertor. And there are a few TX's on eBay right now over priced as usual.

Back