• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest Price check on Sol-20

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

scv8080

Delivery Options
Local Pickup Only
What do you think a fair market as-is price is for a SOL-20; with original Sol Systems manual; EVD-12 Video Data Monitor with instruction & service manual but missing plastic case; 8KRA static read/write memory module; SOLOS cutter, Basic 5, and ALS-8 Commands manuals; cassett tapes for Basic 5, ALS-8, and some games and utilities; that powers up and shows a cursor but without being tested by loading and running apps due to no cassette tape reader?

You mean using a USB to a DB25 serial connector cable? I've got USBs lying around, and I've got a couple of DB25's, can anyone point me to wiring instructions to save $25?

Hi,

NO, use the audio out from the PC to the cassette IN on the Sol-20 ...

That will test the cassette IN and also be able to run a fun program on the machine.

Ah, thanks. I assume a tri-pole 3.5mm will work. (Many sold today are quad pole, I assume for USB power.) What do I run on Windows to push an ent file down the wire?

What do you think a fair market as-is price is for a SOL-20; with original Sol Systems manual; EVD-12 Video Data Monitor with instruction & service manual but missing plastic case; 8KRA static read/write memory module; SOLOS cutter, Basic 5, and ALS-8 Commands manuals; cassett tapes for Basic 5, ALS-8, and some games and utilities; that powers up and shows a cursor but without being tested by loading and running apps due to no cassette tape reader?
Probably a little north of $1000. Sols were hot for a while but lately they barely get above $1k. There's one that's been sitting on ebay for a while at $1200, no takers.

Hi,

Here's a link to a buttload of .WAV files of Sol-20 cassette tapes:
https://deramp.com/downloads/processor_technology/sol-20/software/tape_wav_files/

You can load the TREK-80 game pretty fast, but loading BASIC is there if you write programs too.

When I had my Sol-20 back in the late 1970's I played a lot of TREK-80 and barely got started with BASIC when a thief ripped off the machine along with my stereo, TV and VCR.

Now I am hoping to get an Altair-Duino Pro setup as a Processor Technology machine soon.

Back