• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

$$ Printer Repair in Los Gatos, CA $$

billdeg

Technician
Anyone in Los Gatos CA area looking for an emergency repair job? I was contacted by a travel agency who needs their Texas Instruments RO 810 printer repaired. The problem is that the printer does not respond to prints sent to it, although the lights are all normal indicating READY.

http://www.vintagecomputer.net/cromemco/system_three/ti_omni_800_810_RO_Terminal.jpg

thm_ti_omni_800_810_RO_Terminal.jpg

Anyone want to take a stab at it? I can help remotely but I live 3000 miles away. Agency has a backup printer that might work, need someone on site to set up and or swap parts. IF YOU CAN GO TO CUSTOMER SITE (ideally 11/25 or 11/26), please PM me for more details. If you can't make it until next week, they may have to wait. I am sure they'd pay a fair fee for service. I do not know this business, I am only responding to an inquiry that came to me because I happen to own one of these printers, and I have the hardware manual.

Bill

Thanks. I told them about it.

I posted this request here and classic cmp. No takers. I told the bus owner to find someone at a local PC repair shop or tech college. I'd rather work with someone with a vintcomp background, this opportunity still exists.

Thanks. I told them about it.

I posted this request here and classic cmp. No takers. I told the bus owner to find someone at a local PC repair shop or tech college. I'd rather work with someone with a vintcomp background, this opportunity still exists.

Also, the service manual is on bitsavers under ti/terminal/omni_800

Back