• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Problems with attachments

Micom 2000

Veteran Member
There are 2 postings I made in Hanhelds/Portables recently since the new upgrade. My problem with attachments was on a ZEOS thread were I was repeatably unable to attach a BMP image and another poster had one on a 95LX thread where he was unable to attach a rar file. The BMP image file was properly resized according ton the size limits and while a rar file could pose problems, there should be some sort of mention in the attachment instructions. A zipped file should be preferred for it's conservation of space. I tend to see it as a bug in the new version.

My profile shows 2 uploaded image attachments with no limitation of the size of storage, altho it rationally must be there someplace.

Lawrence

I converted it to JPEG, it uploaded and there was a considerable savings of space. From 306k bmp to 13.3k jpeg. I'd forgotten how much difference jpeg makes. There could however be some sort of disclaimer in the attachment manager. Not all of us grew up in the era when jpeg became dominant. In attepting to attach the bmp, the manager did upload the image but would not place it in my image folder. I of course figured it was a bug in the new forum version.

Lawrence

Back