• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Psion

paul.brett

Experienced Member
I'm considernig acquiring a Psion series 3a. Not particularly vintage really, but I'm thinking of honing my collection to just portables.

I consider the Psion Organiser I and II range to be vintage, but I'm not sure about the 3 or 3a yet. What do you guys think?

I would like to get my grubby mitts on an working example from the Psion MC range. Either MC200, MC400 or MC600. They seem to come-up so very infrequently, and more often than not, they are listed as broken or spares/repairs.

Paul.

The 3c might be a better one to go for, as it will also run applications written for the 3a and it has better screen resolution.

I have one but I'm a bit concerned about the case as it feels tacky. I hope it's not about to turn to goo :(

BG

I consider the Psion Organiser I and II range to be vintage, but I'm not sure about the 3 or 3a yet. What do you guys think?

Yes, of course. For handhelds, anything is vintage until the 1996, when the Palm Pilot debuted. Everything after that seems pretty modern.

As for Psion, I traded my Series 7 for an Org 1. :)

Ah Psion, I am getting a little misty eyed.

But from a practical perspective I still use my Psion 7 daily. To state the obvious, you might think that after 10 years PDA manufacturers might have bettered or equalled the keyboard of a Psion 5 or Psion 7/Netbook, but it seems not.

I would comment that eBay is a great source for old Psions from the 3 to the 5 to the 7/Netbook and even the Netbook Pro.

Back