• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

quadra 950 av server

i have tried to make it boot from a cd rom and it wont even boot at all from it with what i have it wants only a floppy disk to boot from
could be because you went pressing the SCSI ID button, and now you messed it up..

OR, the CD-Drive isn't working..

OR, you're trying to boot the WRONG install CD for your computer/bootleg CD.. (don't put a windows cd in it!)

its a mac cd but i tried one that was for a proforma 631 cd cause thats all i had and it didnt even acess it

its a mac cd but i tried one that was for a proforma 631 cd cause thats all i had and it didnt even acess it
but what Mac OS is on it? Is it an original CD?

Did you hook up the CD-ROM drive and set the SCSI ID to what it was before you started pushing the button?

well its 7.5 thats on the cd and its an internal cd rom thats in it and it was either a 3 or 4 and i ****ed with it before when i first got it and it was frozen when it started to start up the extentions and then i thought it was a hard drive problem and i changed the hd out with another one that was the same and then when i switched out the hd is when it started the floppy with the ? in it and i put back the origional hd and it still does that floppy with the ? in it and origionally the tower didnt have a cd rom in it from what i have seen these were added to the computer

Getting the Quadra 950 to run

Getting the Quadra 950 to run

Since I have a Quadra 950 of my own I'll try and help you.

SCSI settings, for the CDROM set it for 3(if the 0-9 switch is connected to the CDROM) set the hard drive to 0, this is the apple standard from the factory.

As for System software version, I like 7.1.1 (system 7 pro) for the 950, if you do not have a copy e-mail me. I will also make you a boot floppy with utilities to format the hd and instructions on how to install the Mac OS, since it looks like this is your first vintage Mac.

Matt

Back