• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Quadram PCjr

oblivion

Veteran Member
Just picked up a Quadram pcjr expansion chassis. not a lot of information on the net about this particular unit. can anyone tell me how much RAM it can expand the PCjr up to or any intresting features it provides? I also read a post that said you can swap the 360k drive for a 720k drive. anything special required to do this or just a simple drive swap?

Just picked up a Quadram pcjr expansion chassis. not a lot of information on the net about this particular unit. can anyone tell me how much RAM it can expand the PCjr up to or any intresting features it provides? I also read a post that said you can swap the 360k drive for a 720k drive. anything special required to do this or just a simple drive swap?

I had a Quadram for a while. It added 384K to the Jr, but I think other units could have different amounts. The only issue with added a 720k drive was that I needed an adapter to go from card edge to pins. You do then need to add an entry, diskparm, to the config.sys to get it recognized. I have the program for the RTC also, if you need it.

I had a Quadram for a while. It added 384K to the Jr, but I think other units could have different amounts. The only issue with added a 720k drive was that I needed an adapter to go from card edge to pins. You do then need to add an entry, diskparm, to the config.sys to get it recognized. I have the program for the RTC also, if you need it.

Back