• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Rare Osborne stuff available for download

Lorne

Veteran Member
I offered some pretty rare Osborne stuff to Dave Dunfield at classiccmp.org, but don’t know if/when he’ll upload it, so if anyone here is interested in the stuff below, PM me and I’ll provide you an FTP site address to get it from.
(I also offered it a few times to Bitsavers but I never received a reply).

Osborne 1:
Drive C (ram disk for the Osborne 1) – 152 page User’s Manual, image of the disk in ImageDisk format, program files for SSSD disk, scan of disk label.
Dysan Interrogator (Drive Diagnostic Program for the Osborne 1) – program files for SSSD disk, image of the disk in ImageDisk format, scanned disk label, 37 page manual (scanned for printing double sided on a color laserjet). You can run basic read/write tests with the program, but can’t run all tests without a the Dysan Digital Diagnostic Diskette (which is not copyable).
JG Communications RT-60A (real time clock card for the Osborne 1) – 32 page Operator’s Manual, scanned disk label, & Teledisk image of the software
Milestone (Project Management and Time Scheduling Program for the Osborne 1) – program files for two SSSD disks, image of the disks in ImageDisk format, scanned disk labels, & 90 page manual. (Perfect for the moderator that’s spent 18 months renovating a bathroom in his basement J. We’ll see how well he reads all these posts now).
Nuevo Electronics Double Density Upgrade for the Osborne 1 – 21 page Installation and Operating Instructions manual
Osmosis Upgrades:
- Osmosis CP/M Disk Emulation System for the Osborne 1 - Teledisk image, scanned disk label, & 13 page User manual
- Osmosis Double Density Kit - Teledisk image, scanned disk label, & 23 page User Manual
- Osmosis 80 Column Board - 23 page Installation Manual and Applications Guide
OZ ROM 1E – 58 page manual

Osborne Executive:
EXEC-T (11 MB Internal Hard Disk Upgrade for the Osborne Executive) – sales brochure, 77 page Installation and User Manual

Credits for the stuff need to go to:
- VCF member skypilot177 who provided the Dysan Interrogator, JG Communications real time clock, Milestone, Double Density Upgrades, Osmosis Upgrades, OZ Rom 1E, and Exec-T.
- A guy on Ebay (mike_r) who provided the software for the Drive C (and also VCF member richo132 who also offered up the software, and provided a scan of the original disk label).

For those that have already visited the FTP site:

If you have a modem with your Osborne, I just added MicroLink and Comm-Pac for the Osborne1, and for those with the Executive, I added MyTerm to the FTP site.

Osborne Stuff

Osborne Stuff

I know your posting is old, but checking if you still have Osborne styff available for download.
Thanks,
Will Meyer

I know your posting is old, but checking if you still have Osborne styff available for download.
Thanks,
Will Meyer

I do (just sent you a PM on how to get it) but it's going to get deleted in a couple days.
Grab it while you can.
After that, this thread can be considered closed.

For those after this software, it is now available as a 64MB ZIP file at:

http://www.kaypro.net/diskimages/ka...rne-stuff/Lornes-Special-Osborne-Software.zip

Thank you to Lorne for providing this special software.

I will keep it available at the above link for the forseeable future - but as this forum will survive longer than the above URL, if it ever dissappears from this exact location try looking on the main pages of www.kaypro.net or www.actrixcomputer.com fro links to software I collect.

Grant - Brisbane, Q, Australia

hmm

5134022767_303fbc27fc_b.jpg

I just grabbed a bunch of Osborne stuff. Unfortunately none of the systems actually work completely so, I need to fix them before I can test most of this. Its all original labeled software. Let me know if any of it is special.

The Word (c)Oasis Systems
Sudden! Arcade Patman (yes a packman clone in ascii. I played it for a bit)
Chipsoft TurboTax Professional (Is this Osborne ? It was in with all Osborne disks)
The Original Adventure Game The Software Toolworks
My Chess and Invaders The Software Toolworks
The Field Companion (c)Lorand Andahazy
PRO/TEM CARDFILE v1.4
Beehive International Topper Diagnostic System V1.1
Borland Turbo PASCAL cp/m 80
Superfile (c)FYI, inc
SORCIM SuperWare SuperCalc 2
TOUCHTYP (c)Micro-art Typing tutor
AMCALL(tm) (c)Osborne

Have you tried bitsavers.org. Software archive, Osborne, osborne1, drive c, and you will see the disk and the manual.

For those after this software, it is now available as a 64MB ZIP file at:

http://www.kaypro.net/diskimages/ka...rne-stuff/Lornes-Special-Osborne-Software.zip

Thank you to Lorne for providing this special software.

I will keep it available at the above link for the forseeable future - but as this forum will survive longer than the above URL, if it ever dissappears from this exact location try looking on the main pages of www.kaypro.net or www.actrixcomputer.com fro links to software I collect.

Grant - Brisbane, Q, Australia

These links are all dead.

Long time lurker, first time poster - the software has been so helpful and I'm so grateful! Someday, I'll learn how to extract the info in the Teledisk file for the RT-60A real-time clock.

Meanwhile, does anyone know if software is necessary (or does anyone have installation instructions) for the Advent "Osbaud"? It seems to be a daughter board that allows baud rates up to 19200 and it came to me on a non-functional Osborne 1A. I'd like to slap it on my working Osborne 1A, but I hesitate to make hardware alterations without knowing more about how to install it correctly.

Back