• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

RARE Vintage NEW IN BOX Kaypro 16/2e Portable Computer Bundle

MsLeading1984

Hi everyone! I'm Leah.

This is my first post here. I work for a tech resale company called ProEarthTech, and we come across all sorts of cool stuff that we resell. I put together the listings for our eBay store.

We just got in a Kaypro 16/2e Portable Computer Bundle that is still in it's original plastic and box(!) that I am super excited about. I thought I might post the link to the auction here if anyone was interested:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-vtg-NEW-IN-BOX-Kaypro-16-2e-Portable-Computer-Bundle-16-2e-w-Software-Pack/184765517862?hash=item2b04e21026:g:t6IAAOSwLp1ga3cS

And while you are there, you may want to check out our other stuff. We have lots of vintage audio gear in particular, along with newer laptops and other interesting things (and occasionally some non-tech stuff too, such as some original GI Joe accessories a few months back). We also have a vintage Toshiba T-Series T3200SX/120 Model PA8046U Laptop available at the moment.

https://www.ebay.com/str/proearthtech

Hope this kind of post is allowed on here (I figured it should be cool since the topic is Vintage Computer Auctions :)

Anywho, nice to meet you all!

Haha! ;)

Guess I never thought of that. My username is a reference to a song (and album) by the band called The Dear Hunter.

But yes, I can assure you that it is very much authentic. Take a look at the paperwork and software box included with the listing - the last photo in the set, I believe, shows all that. And of course, the rest of our eBay store and our feedback. Reselling tech - including lots of vintage stuff - is what we do all day, every day. Not sure how the Kaypro came to us (we get our inventory from a variety of sources, public and private) but the original name on the shipping label was someone located in Newport, RI. Probably some rich folks who bought the thing for their kid and never used it, and stuck it in the attic or basement for years and years, collecting dust. I love it when we get stuff like this!

Back