• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Reading U47 in SuperPET

Of course, there is another way of looking at this.

The file on Zimmer's website was produced by William L. who most likely took the lid off his SuperPET and noted down what (EP)ROMS were actually fitted to his machine. If they were 2764's - then that's what was probably fitted to his machine when he looked at the time. Someone else may well have equipped the SuperPET with 2764 EPROMS on adapter boards (i.e. what William was actually looking at and documenting was his specific SuperPET at that point in time and not a general statement regarding what was originally fitted by Commodore).

This is why it is always wise to obtain two (or even possibly three) sources of independent data to either corroborate the position or highlight potential inconsistencies before undertaking work or modifications etc.

Dave

The file on Zimmer's website was produced by William L. who most likely took the lid off his SuperPET and noted down what (EP)ROMS were actually fitted to his machine. If they were 2764's - then that's what was probably fitted to his machine when he looked at the time.

Dave,

Good point. Perhaps the first batch of combo-board SuperPETs had 2764 EPROMs in adapters while awaiting MOS Technology ROMs? Of course, if the Motorola 68764 EPROMs were available at that time, they should have used those, but perhaps those EPROMs were not widely available until the Motorola 68000 uP was produced in 1979 (according to Wikipedia). Oh, wait, when was the Super introduced? Was it in 1981?
-Dave

Last edited:
I have a login to Martin's site, he's well known on cbm-hackers. Which ones do you want?

Rob,
I'm looking for the three 8K SuperPET ROM files:
970018-12
970019-12
970020-12

EDIT: I just noticed that Martin's site does not have the 970020-12 file able to download. I'll send you me email by private mail for the two files.
Thanks,
Dave

Just sent them to Dave. Meanwhile I opened up my own SUperPET and I have the 970020-12 ROM in my machine. As I have not yet used my SuperPET other than to power it on, if someone can tell me a simple way to extract the ROM contents - I will.

Back