• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Really need a Bytesaver II

jerwin

My Bytesaver II has gotten very flaky to the point where I can't really use it, and it's the only way I have to burn 2708 EEPROMS (I know, I know, move to 2716 etc but I'm both stubborn and lazy)

Anyone out there have a Bytesaver II they want to sell?

My Bytesaver II has gotten very flaky to the point where I can't really use it, and it's the only way I have to burn 2708 EEPROMS (I know, I know, move to 2716 etc but I'm both stubborn and lazy)

Anyone out there have a Bytesaver II they want to sell?

Why not fix the one you have?
Dwight

Why not fix the one you have?
Dwight

A good question. One of the EPROM sockets became very sensitive to any bending of the board to the point where the board became unusable. I removed the offending socket and I can now use the board to program a single EPROM in a single socket, but I worry that actually fixing this thing is beyond my skill set. I'm a 70's 80's systems level programmer, hardware has always been a struggle.

A good question. One of the EPROM sockets became very sensitive to any bending of the board to the point where the board became unusable. I removed the offending socket and I can now use the board to program a single EPROM in a single socket, but I worry that actually fixing this thing is beyond my skill set. I'm a 70's 80's systems level programmer, hardware has always been a struggle.

It's certainly fixable! As good a place as any to start learning and improving your skill set, especially if you end up with another and don't have to depend on the one you've currently got. If you get in over your head or just don't want to work on it, I do repair S-100 boards for folks.

Back