• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recap Reference for Mac Analog Board 630-0525 Rev B

jestevens

For anyone else who might be recapping the 120V Mac Analog Board 630-0525 Rev B, I overlaid the capacitor positions and values on top of an image of the board. I saw someone else had done this with the 220V version of the board but couldn't find the same for the 120V.

This won't save the ROM damage I did to my Classic II logic board but at least this way the project isn't a complete waste. I was wondering why there was an extra set of holes in the DIP socket .. until I smelled smoke and actually read the silk screen but by then it was too late. Between that and learning to solder SMD capacitors -- through hole seems so much easier.

John

Attachments

• Mac Analog Board 630-0525 Rev B With Key.jpg
    Mac Analog Board 630-0525 Rev B With Key.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
Thank you for this information. I have occasion to recap analog boards (I have five sitting in the basement right now waiting for troubleshooting, too many projects!)

What damage did you do to the ROM? Do you need a new ROM?

Thank you for this information. I have occasion to recap analog boards (I have five sitting in the basement right now waiting for troubleshooting, too many projects!)

What damage did you do to the ROM? Do you need a new ROM?
Since it still wasn't booting I tried to remove the ROMs and apply deoxit. I was wondering why there was an extra row of PINs in the ROM socket until I turned it on and smelled the heat.. Then actually read the silkscreen to see that the ROMs are positioned differently depending on the capacity. At the time I had no extra ROMs and a whole new "untested" Classic would have meant another $250 on eBay so I ended up reusing the case and substituting a Raspberry Pi with an 8" screen instead. I also added a teensy ADB to USB converter so I could use original keyboard. Thank you for the offer anyway.

I have a working Classic next to me (use it to catalog all my stuff and pay bills lol). If you need anything give a holler, if it be probing measurements or a copy of the Rom.

Edit Doh, I thought you mean Classic not Classic 2...

Ok so searching into it, seems the Classic and Classic 2 share the same analog board so you are in luck! Let me know what you need values of.

Last edited:
I appreciate your help but I was eventually able to finish my project. I just wanted to do a photo reference in the style of maccaps so all my machinations wouldn't be in vain. I did eventually cross post this to caps.wiki as well. I -think- I got them all right, hope it helps someone else. SMD soldering seems like it ought to be easy but a tiny fleck of solder looks like a huge boulder in the microscope. Through hole was actually easier, well for hobby work.

TY for putting it on Cap Wiki, as I am going to have to do a recap soon myself. I peeked inside the machine last nite, don't see any the caps leaking, but its a matter of time till they do and will use your entry to grab what I need to do the job. 👍

TY for putting it on Cap Wiki, as I am going to have to do a recap soon myself. I peeked inside the machine last nite, don't see any the caps leaking, but its a matter of time till they do and will use your entry to grab what I need to do the job. 👍
Console 5 has a recap kit..

Back