• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recommended Hotel for VCF West?

sbatson01

I'm trying to plan early. Is there any recommended hotels for the VCF West in Mountain View. I can see online what's close, but wondering if there are recommendations based on pricing, convenience, etc. May a block of rooms are available at a certain price?

The last time I was in the bay area it was 2013 and even then the random Hotel 6 (off the 17) was $110/night. I could not find anywhere cheap in a pinch and ended up sleeping in the car or Bruce Damer's driveway.

The last time I was in the bay area it was 2013 and even then the random Hotel 6 (off the 17) was $110/night. I could not find anywhere cheap in a pinch and ended up sleeping in the car or Bruce Damer's driveway.
So it sounds like they don't work with any hotels to get a block of rooms at group rate. No issue, I'll just book something early and watch for better deals. I won't be sleeping in my car :)

I think $110 a night is pretty cheap, especially for the Bay Area. The company I work for has an office in Santa Clara and I regularly had to pay over $300 per night to stay there or nearby in San Jose. (Well the company paid. At $300 per night I’d probably also have slept in my car!)

I think $110 a night is pretty cheap, especially for the Bay Area. The company I work for has an office in Santa Clara and I regularly had to pay over $300 per night to stay there or nearby in San Jose. (Well the company paid. At $300 per night I’d probably also have slept in my car!)
He says that was 2013. I'm sure rates of gone up since then. I was looking on-line the other day and most close by where over $200/night

Back