• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Regarding the forum's sections

Yzzerdd

Veteran Member
This is an open discussion mainly focused to Erik, our forum administrator. Input is welcome.

Erik,

Looking at the assorted sections of the forums(regional discussions, tech support, etc) I see what you mean when you sometimes say you think the forums may have too many sections.

The least used section is the Regional Discussions. In some cases, there hasn't been a post in a year or more. It is my opinion you should consolodate this largely inactive area. I suggest downsizing to include only the following sub-forums within the Regional Discussion area, and moving the posts throughout to their appropriate spot should you consolodate:
1. North America--for US AND Canada
2. Europe
3. Australia
4. Asia

Although, including Asia at all is trivial. There's been one post to it 2 years ago.

What do you all think?

--Jack

Consolidating or eliminating the regional discussions is on "the list" and has been mentioned before. . .

Moving and somehow categorizing all of the posts might be a pain, but I won't know 'till I dig in. . . when I dig in. :p

Perhaps you can consolidate it into North America (or USA + Canada separately if desired), Europe and Rest of the World (sorry, all Aussies and New Zeelanders). Actually, if people include a geographical location in the subject line, there isn't more activity than all topics probably could be merged into one section.

I would do away with them all together. The posts that do appear there often refer to an "event'. I figure the whole section could be replaced with one forum called "events" and people could indicate where the event is in the title line.

I would do away with them all together. The posts that do appear there often refer to an "event'. I figure the whole section could be replaced with one forum called "events" and people could indicate where the event is in the title line.

BINGO! I think that's the best idea so far.

Fully agree with Tezza..
I think one of the nicest things of the forum is that all of us get together -regardless- of location.
I don't think I posted in regional section yet - I also don't think we have enough active users for it.
Putting a country or a region in ones profile would help a lot- maybe it is possible to make that mandatory on registration?
It doesn't need to be that specific, so I don't see any privacy objections.

Agree with Tezza/Jorg. This sort of hobby/interest is global and the location is not that important.

A few weeks back a work colleague looked over my shoulder and saw this website, read a bit and then turned to me with a look of horror and said "You mean, there are other people in the world like you?!"

Yes, I like people's idea to rid of the sections all-together and be replaced by an events forum.

Very good idea!

--Jack

Back