• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

replacement Lamp?

Okay, another old thread that I'm resurrecting.

Did anyone find replacement lamps for the hard drives?

Okay, another old thread that I'm resurrecting.

Did anyone find replacement lamps for the hard drives?

I seem to recall that I did replace the bulb, but I'll need to check the drive tonight to see if I can refresh my memory about what I did. It's been too long since I've done anything with it to remember the details.

Thanks for sharing the part number! I'm ordering some to have on hand, too. Now that I re-read the thread and took a look at my 15M hard drive, I don't think I've had to replace those bulbs yet after all.

The pins are a little too close together, but bend them a tad, then they work fine. I replaced all of the bulbs good or bad, just because they originals looked pretty bad off or were out.

Sorry for my ignorance, but a while ago, my neighbor from the apartment next door they out a Very nice Marance (?) with only a couple near the right side..Because the voltages to the lamps were virtually identical to LED’s. Doing a direct install of different LEDs’to replace all of the lamps. The amplifier looks better than new, plus I found that the backlit panel, (I changed these lamps with LED’s too) is much much cleaner looking and definitely brighter.

The job was simple enough that I replaced the lamps in just over an hour.

You know? Looking at the sockets In your pics look almost identical to the ones i re-worked. When assembling mine, I used regular plastic cement to complete the replacement. Gluing in the LED’s makes them much more stable, and solid.

Hope this helps. ope you have a great holiday season.

Thomas

Does anyone know of a source for compatible power switches for the hard drives? I have one that someone yanked out and hacked (probably didn't have the key) and I'd like to replace it to keep it stock.

Back