• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Replacing LCD in Epson ActionNote 500c... two different inverters?

aaron7

Experienced Member
Finally found a replacement LCD for my 500c on ebay but when I received it and went to install I notice the inverter has a different plug!

Looks like my old screen has a dual backlight.

Think it was just some revision along the line to make the LCD brighter?

Guess it's back to hoping my saved search finds something again!

20150330_150651.jpg

I'd just plug the backlight into one of the sockets and leave the other one empty. What's more of a concern is hooking up the signal leads--do they match?

It's a different socket so I'd have to cut & splice. Really rather not as I prefer to 'restore' my computers and not modify them!

The data connections are identical. Very strange!

Hmm, I can't tell from the photo, but the inverter appears to have two connectors--a wide one and a narrower one. It appears as if the wide one should fit the connector from the new LCD panel. But without a closeup view, it's hard to tell.

What is the number on the LCD you need? I have a box of pulled LCDs that I can check.

It's a different socket so I'd have to cut & splice. Really rather not as I prefer to 'restore' my computers and not modify them!

The data connections are identical. Very strange!

Even if the connectors don't fit, you may not have to cut and splice. Could you just pull the pins out of the plug and push them into one of the old plugs? Many times those connectors just have a little plastic tab that holds the pins in place, and simply prying back on the tab with a small screw driver or dental pick can release the pins.

Cut and splice could be a bad idea for high voltage lines like that, electrical tape tends to break down at around 600 volts, and some times those inverters are 1000 volts (though about 500 to 700 is the typical range), so unless you invest in high voltage splicing tape, I would not suggest any kind of cut and splice.

Back