• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Replica 1 TE unbuilt, with CFFA1 & 64MB card, and Apple II power supply

Soupwizard

Experienced Member
Well, I've had one of Vince Briel's Apple I replica kits (the Replica 1 TE aka Third Edition) since 2008, and I'm probably not going to build it (apt too small, and too many other projects), so here it is for sale. I have:

• Replica 1 TE unbuilt. (According to Vince's email from 2008, it's actually TE board #1, the first kit he shipped out). All the parts are there (I just double checked)
  • CFFA1 compact flash interface, with 64MB CF card, bought it prebuilt, never used.
  • Apple II power supply, model 605-5703, outputs +5v 2.5A, +12v 1.5A, -5v 0.25A, -12v 0.25A
  • Nice composite video cable - gold plated! Whoo-hoo!
Photos are linked here.

Vince's page for the Replica 1
Rich Dreher's page for the CFFA1

Asking US $250. Located in San Francisco, CA. Can ship either USPS or UPS.

Last edited:
I hope that this finds a good home... that said, I think I would ebay it if I were you. It's likely to go much higher than the $250 asking price, and why not use any profits to reinvest in your other projects (or just stow away for a rainy day?)

Good luck with your sale!

That *IS* pretty cool with the potential serial :) I've often debated whether or not to build mine. On some side I sorta enjoy having the unbuilt kit as well.

That *IS* pretty cool with the potential serial :) I've often debated whether or not to build mine. On some side I sorta enjoy having the unbuilt kit as well.

You should build it. I use mine quite a bit to test white ceramic 6502's and 6820 chips.

Briel's here if he see's this or if someone that actually built it is here ;-) Like most of his systems he gives you the valuable serial port/input so you can upload bin files to the device for running vs having to hand type things in. I think I recall there being a basic for it but the documentation download I think is the entire CD which is great but I don't want to sift through right now ;-)

To Corey, I have other systems I can test the processors in but yeah I did always feel guilty not building it. I at least did get to attend one of his classes and build the microkim though.

On a genuine Apple I, BASIC was loaded off of cassette tape (the Apple BASIC tape was included with purchase of the cassette interface, a $72 option at the time.)

Reading the Replica I manual, space was set aside in EEPROM specifically to hold BASIC, so it should be included.

EDIT: PM'd Soupwizard, I'm interested in your Replica I kit. For anyone looking for just the Apple I CFFA, Rich Dreher is running off another run of 200.

I do want to build it, but lately I'm spending all my time and money on N8VEM z-80 stuff, and I'm in a small apartment so I need to chose carefully about what I keep (I used to have 3 10x10 storage units, now down to one partially empty 10x10). Realistically I'd build it and show it to a couple of friends and then put it on a shelf, so I'd rather someone who *really* wants to build it do so. And I could use the money for the z-80's.

@Maverick1978, yeah I will put it up on ebay tonight starting at $250 - if I put a picture of Steve Jobs and Woz in the listing who knows what it will sell for! :p If it doesn't sell there, I have a couple of good offers here for less than $250 already. If someone's going to get a good deal on it, I'd rather they be someone here in the VCF community rather than listing it for cheap on ebay.

Back