• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Replicating a programmed MC1468705G2 Computer-EPROM

I have designed an altered version of the programmer board, with 6 additional connectors to be able to access the most of the likely required signals and feed in an alternate clock. Obviously if this process is to be successful I will have to get used to programming and verifying these CPU-EProms in the first place , regardless of anything else. So the programmer board makes a handy start to the problem.

Whether or not I will be able to get this CPU to deliver its internal Eprom contents to its ports is still very much conjecture, since the method to do it, if there is one, was not documented, and one might imagine that if they had gone to the trouble to write the firmware into the CPU to do it, they would have said something in the Application notes. Unless it was all "Top Secret". It may all turn out to be a wasted effort with the Eprom contents locked in forever, but I don't give up very easily.

Attachments

• ALLLAYERFINAL.jpg
    ALLLAYERFINAL.jpg
    785.5 KB · Views: 3
  • OVERLAYfinal.jpg
    OVERLAYfinal.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
There will be a way Higo, they just haven't documented it.

This happened a lot - especially with the programming algorithms for things like programmable logic devices (PALs).

Dave

There will be a way Higo, they just haven't documented it.

This happened a lot - especially with the programming algorithms for things like programmable logic devices (PALs).

Dave
Dave,

when you say this sort of thing, it gives me much more confidence in pursuing the plan.

Hugo.

I tried to design a programmer for PLDs (Programmable Logic Devices) many, many years ago - and this was the situation back then. The algorithms were not freely available - only to 'professional' companies to make expensive programmers that hobbyists could not afford.

Dave

Back