• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

"Reply" and "Reply with Quote"

Micom 2000

Veteran Member
Well the new forum version seems to unfailingly log me in now, and works well, but the "reply" button replies with a "quote" unless you click on the reply button at the top of the post. No especial problem but elimiinating the "reply" next to "reply with quote" could have eliminated some lines of code since they both apparently do the same thing. This has to be the most disastrously buggy forum "update" that we've ever had. Seems like it must have been programmed by former laid-off MS$ programmers.

Lawrence

The "Reply" and "Reply with Quote" works as advertised here too. However, when I clicked on "reply" this time it gave me the capcha screen instead of the usual login screen. It does that sometimes at random intervals, but the old (last) software version did that too.

I have noticed that this forum is extremely sensitive to font size. If it is a little larger than it wants, then things start to disappear behind other things for me. The "report" icon, for example, never does line up properly even with small font sizes, and at normal (for me) size it is hidden. This sort of coding style also makes me think that the forum display could be quite browser dependent. I just use Ctrl-scrollwheel to zoom in and out and that pretty much solves my problems regardless of browser.

Lawrence, is it possible that your browser is doing odd things? What are you using? Have you tried a number of them?

Back