• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Request for responsive Web design

1980s_john

Experienced Member
Hi,
Are there any plans please to update the forum to be more mobile browser friendly? If you need funds for a vbulletin update then I for one would make a small donation :)
Regards,
John

Is the current mobile style not any good? To me everything on a mobile is like trying to stroke a cat thru a letterbox. I can't work it at all. What would interest me would be a textmode interface, you could post from a vt100 etc. Though I'm not sure it would be worth the effort, or would just be a PITA for the mods.

It works pretty well for me, in spite of the wasted space on screens. The search function has always been deficient, but one can use Google to satisfy that need.

Is the current mobile style not any good?

Thanks, I didn't have it enabled. On my Android phone I have to zoom in to read the subject of each thread, and then scroll around as the text doesn't flow (like it does on a responsive web page). I see at the bottom of each page there is a drop down menu currently set to 'vb4 Default style', I will try toggling this (hadn't spotted it until today - doh!)

Regards,
John

We already have a license to VB5 which has better mobile accessibility and has a bunch of newer features. This software is getting a bit long in the tooth.

The plan is to upgrade to the new version sometime this summer. Hopefully.

Back