• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Retropalooza - Arlington, TX

curtis

Veteran Member
Barythin told me about this one.

Since VCF SW isn't happening this year, it looked like there wasn't going to be anything retro computer related in the DFW area.

However Retropalooza is happening.

Here's the email I got from the organizer.

====================================================================
It is basically a swap meet. Buy, sell, trade. It is a 4,000 sq ft room with vendors selling video games, toys, art, etc. I currently have 9 tables left. here is all the info you should need.

The venue is the Bob Duncan Center located at
2800 S Center St
Arlington, TX 76014

Date: 9-28-2013
The event will run from 11am- 5pm. Unless people are still spending money. At which point I can run longer.
The building will be open at 8am for set up.
Tables are 8 feet long, and tables and chairs ARE provided.
You will have to provide your own table cloth or draping if and only if you want it.
I have 4 different price options:
1) $25-That guarantees you a table(if paid in advance)
2) $35- Will guarantee your table, and I will have lunch brought to you (most likely pizza) and a wristband for free beverages throughout. (if paid in advance)
3) $45- Guaranteed table, and you get to pick your spot on the floor.(if paid in advance) I do not have a chart made out yet, but will soon.
4) $55- All the above. Guaranteed table, pick your spot, and food and beverage.(if paid in advance)

I will allow every vendor a helper, maybe two. Any people over that will have to pay the $3 admission fee.
The pizza will basically be one a table. And general admission to attendees will be $3

Payment options:
Mail a check or money order to
J Hatfield
PO box 152751
Arlington, TX. 76015

Or:
Paypal to rotoscopeproductions@gmail.com

If you use paypal, make sure you gift it so they dont take their fees. Thanks. Look forward to seeing you there.
<https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif>
Paying in advance is the only way to guarantee you a table.

======================================================================
I'm planning on being there with a bunch of Amiga stuff I've come into hoping to turn all those games into some spending money to offset this !@#$%^$ unpaid furlough we're going through.

Thank you President Obama AND Congress. More than enough blame to go around to all concerned!!!

I didn't realize this was this coming weekend. I don't think I'll be able to attend (several life things n the way) but anyone else thinking of going?

I'm going to be there. Getting ready to start packing and head out.

I'll be the crusty old guy with the "Amiga, Get Boinged!" T-shirt on.

Curtis

Well Retropalooza is in the history books.

Didn't do too bad. Didn't do as good as I wanted, but covered the table, gas to and from, and the hotel rooms, so not bad.

Definitely was not the ideal audience for the Amiga stuff I brought.

If you are into Nintendo, you should've been there! There was so much NES stuff there you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting something NES related.

The costume party was interesting. Definitely NOT to the level of syfy, but still entertaining.

Pictures will be forthcoming.

Back