• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Roland MT32 sound module

dmiffo

Hi

I have a Roland MT32 sound module that I purchased new in the 1980s. I no longer have a need for it and wondering what it is worth. I'm located in Sydney Australia.

Depends on the condition. If you have the box and manual in good shape, probably close to $300 USD.

Also depends on the revision - early or later model. And of course if it is still working!

Depends on the condition. If you have the box and manual in good shape, probably close to $300 USD.
Thank you for your reply.

I don't have the box or the original power supply, but the mt32 is in good condition.

Also depends on the revision - early or later model. And of course if it is still working!
Yes, still working but not sure on the version. I have attached photos of the unit and serial number so hopefully someone can provide an idea. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230126-184240_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-184240_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230126-183728_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-183728_Gallery.jpg
    959.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230126-183758_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-183758_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
That’s the original version. The later version has a headphone jack too.

Here is an example photo from the internet. A12D4DBA-AECF-4A7F-960A-47A4008CFEEC.jpeg

Also there are different ROM versions, but I assume those can be upgraded pretty easily.

That’s the original version. The later version has a headphone jack too.

Here is an example photo from the internet. View attachment 1252177

Also there are different ROM versions, but I assume those can be upgraded pretty easily.
Thanks Jafir
Would people be interested in .you one? And if so, what would it be worth here in Australia?

I too am curious what the going price/selling price for a working MT 32 is now. I have a couple I dont use as well. I assume early versions but I will have to double check.

Although $300 USD sounds like a lot I remember that mine cost around £450 GPB when I bought it brand new and that was an enormous amount of money / proportion of my monthly wage at the time. Even if they were selling for well over £1000 GBP now I still wouldn't be getting my money back, relatively speaking.

Mine and its box (still with polystyrene inserts) are both in fair condition with the original Roland branded PSU - I think mine must be the 'early' version though as I can't recall ever having used the headphone socket - I probably would have, if it had one.

Thanks Jafir
Would people be interested in .you one? And if so, what would it be worth here in Australia?
I wouldn’t be able to hazard a guess for Australia values, but both versions of the MT-32 are desirable in my opinion. I think most vintage gamers would like either version of Mt-32 and also a sound canvas.

Good luck with your sale!

Just looking at completed / sold listings for MT-32s on the USA ebay.com site they seem typically to go for between $150 and sometimes over $300. I didn't dig too much into the detail but presumably the more expensive ones were in nicer condition and-or boxed or the seller hit lucky and there were ten people looking on the day he listed it. Sometimes that just happens. I ignored those which had been offered on ebay.com from outside the USA (from Japan, for example) because that would have hiked the price to a USA buyer.

Hi,

Sell it on Reverb.com ... I've sold several of my old synth modules there, usually within a couple of weeks. Be sure to include 10% or more to cover some of the Reverb fees. Start high, and make sure the general info section say's: "Make an offer" ...

Back