• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Roland RAP-10 Repair - need high res pic of card and/or schematic

Maverick1978

Veteran Member
Hi folks!

I recently found a Roland RAP-10 card in junk pile. Actually, I found it there after ChromeDome45 kindly pointed it out to me ;)

But it needs a little love... it's missing an SMD cap that was obviously placed, looks like it has a torn trace that needs repair, and while brushing debris from the card, it lost one of the aluminum caps as well.

I need a really high-res image of the card. The largest I could find on the web was too fuzzy to make out the writing on the SMD cap. With card oriented audio-ports down, card-edge left, the specific area is about 1.75" from the back of the audio ports, immediately above a resister block (I think - it's a 7-pin vertical block, labelled IC8-M51132L). Immediately above that resister block is a cluster of 6 SMD cap/resisters. The top-right spot is what I need the value of, whether it's a cap or a resister. Further, there are two traces immediately above the cap/resister cluster. One of mine appear to be cut. This is near R37 and CU?? (I can't make out the digit after CU on mine, this is also damaged)

Any help would be appreciated. Scans or high-res photos would be easiest for me, though I can make ChromeDome45 help me interpret the schematics to make sure I don't screw them up if anyone has those :)

Thanks!!

I used to but I sold all! :) In case I get another one I will let you know. You can check who bought one recently on AmiBay and send them a PM.

I may try that too... I've been out of the "public" eye with the computer collection for most of the last year. Had to let real life take hold for awhile, and for awhile yet longer. Would like to get this RAP-10 repaired and in the collection, however. Better than the scrap heap :) take care, bud!

Back