• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

S-100 bare boards for sale?

MykeLawson

Experienced Member
I'm looking to see if anyone has any bare S-100 boards they are looking to part with... for a fee of course. I know there is stuff on eBay, but I unfortunately do not have time to keep up the bidding process. I know that there is a list on the N8VEM website, but I sent an email about 3 weeks ago to Gary Kaufman and haven't heard anything back.

I'm looking to see if anyone has any bare S-100 boards they are looking to part with... for a fee of course. I know there is stuff on eBay, but I unfortunately do not have time to keep up the bidding process. I know that there is a list on the N8VEM website, but I sent an email about 3 weeks ago to Gary Kaufman and haven't heard anything back.

As mentioned above (and as you seem to have found) the N8VEM website PCB inventory is a good place to find what's available. I'm surprised Gary didn't reply as he's always gotten right back to me. If you send him another email and don't get a reply I'd be happy to contact him for you (PM me the email you'd like him to contact.)

I have 30-40 bare and partially built Compupro Interfacer-II boards (three parallel and two serial ports) left.

When Compupro stopped building these boards I had a customer who was using them to run a subscription tv service in the Mid-West. I bought the bare boards from Vector Electronics who was licensed for a time by Compupro to build and sell some of Compupro's earlier designs: CPU-Z, Interfacer-1. Interfacer-II, System Support-1, and the Disk-1, (that I know of). I went into limited production, hand-building 25-30 boards at a time until the demand was satisfied. The bare boards were produced by the same company that produced the bare boards for Compupro, and they are identical to the Compupro boards with the exception of the company name screened onto the boards.

I have 30-40 bare and partially built Compupro Interfacer-II boards (three parallel and two serial ports) left.

One small point, I thought that the Interfacer II only had a single hardware UART chip like a 1602 or AY-1013 so I looked it up and my suspicions where correct as the manual says it has 3 parallel ports, but only a single serial port. Of course your boards built for Vector may be a variation that has 2 serial ports since I am not familiar with it.

Regards,
Jeff

Why, I just might be interested in one of the bare Interfacer II boards. Any chance you have a price in mind? And maybe post a picture of one of them?

This isn't a forum I visit all that frequently, so didn't see your note previously. If I haven't responded in a few days you've probably ended up in a spam filter. I do have the Z80 CPU, ZFDC, 4mb SRAM and 8088 CPU cards available. I'm almost out of Z80 CPU and ZFDC boards, but should have another batch in a few weeks.

- Gary

Back