• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

S-100 IDE V2 PCBs available

Hi
I don't know. I have not heard of anyone trying the boards in a Xerox 820 II so I have no information. Basically you would have to try it and find out. The good news is there are builders on the N8VEM-S100 mailing list who could probably help. However I would expect some software and possibly hardware modifications. I just don't know. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Hi
There are some of these PCBs left. Please contact me if interested. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

yes and yes, but you will have to write your own BIOS code (or modify the current Z80 code). However there is really nothing taking advantage of the extra z80 opcodes.
Of course need two different port settings on the switches if two boards are in the same bus.

The board should work with any S-100 system since it just uses simple port access (an 8255). The is no DMA access.

just out of interest what is the limit to how many s100 IDE cards in one computer on the same bus?

can other IDE devies be used like cdrom? or LS-120 Superdisk Drive?

I have only programmed in BASIC a long time a go, how much work is there in sorting the BIOS to work with 8080 cpus?

yes and yes, but you will have to write your own BIOS code (or modify the current Z80 code). However there is really nothing taking advantage of the extra z80 opcodes.
Of course need two different port settings on the switches if two boards are in the same bus.

The board should work with any S-100 system since it just uses simple port access (an 8255). The is no DMA access.

Limited by how many S-100 bus slots you have. From a practical prospective probably 3 or 4. Yes, you can run any "PC-style" IDE device, BUT you must write your own software run it.
John

Last edited:
Back