• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

s-100 system mine on monday!!!!!

nige the hippy

Veteran Member
:D Get to pick up the S-100 system on monday, don't know what it is, but it's got a couple of 8 inch drives at the bottom, and lots of flashy light-up buttons. Ebay I'm afraid, so no skip-diving brownie points. Strangely enough, there was a pick-up-only VT100 BNIB going just down the road, for a tenner, should go on the end nicely!.... new post when I get it home (and past mrs. b.!)

It wasn't that odd blue CP/M thing was it? I meant to watch that, but it slipped my mind. Not that I would do anythiong productive with it...Just asking without sifting through listings...If so it certainly looks interesting.

it was item number 290010890112, and at the price that 8 inch floppies go for, probably worth the price for them alone.

oh no.... yet another disk format to handle!

Christmas comes but TWICE a year

Christmas comes but TWICE a year

Wow!

picked up the beastie today, plus the folder of software (BBC basic!!!! basic compiler, 8051 assembler & emulator, cpm2.2 on original disks, various spreadsheetoid & mail software) , plus about 30 assorted spare cards including brand "new" prototype boards & dev boards with zif sockets, but not enough time to go through them properly yet, some documentation, and about 1CWT (50Kg) of the beastie itself (25A linear, bomb-proof psu) all in a 19" rack 2'6" high.

SMUG!!!!!

will post photos / more info in next few days.

now to get it into the house....

mmm....blinky.
Seriously, It's got to have blinky lights with no known purpose. You lucky wotsit.

Yes, all i could lift, it's now in the shed (just), I had a look at the other spare boards that came with it, then had a cold shower.
there's 3 z80 cpu cards (one ithaca audio, and the others Solid state music, 2 8k memory cards (64 off 2102 1k*1bit rams each!) a couple of crt controller cards, some serial and parallel interfaces, a few rom cards (one with a nice row of 1702 eproms from 1975 (256 bytes each ??? ) some home built bits, & possibly an eprom burner for 2708 / 2716s ?????

just found the

http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/

site, and it looks to be useful!

sleep...... with the possibility of those teenage dreams from the time before i discovered girls !

nig

Yeah, Howard is real good that way. Lemme know if ya have any 'extra' boards, especially a CPU board.

--T

of course.

I'll keep a spare of everything, (& a few bits are a bit battered) but excess is probably going to be up for "genuine" grabs. consider yourself first in the queue. It'll probably take a little while to sort everything properly.

nig

Back