• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sad Model 100 / Club 100 news

Sharkonwheels

Veteran Member
Those of you into the RS/TRS-80 Model 100/102 series, are surely familiar with Club 100, and its founder, Rick Hanson.

Sadly, Rick succumbed to a relapse of colon cancer, which had metastatized to his liver, and possibly beyond. Rick went to take a nap, and passed away while asleep.

Rick was the founder of Club-100, and has kept it going for 20+ years, seeing the platform gain add-ons never dreamed about.

Rick was always willing to help others, and rarely lost his temper. He was a genuine "Good Guy," and will be sorely missed.

You're right about Rick being missed. He almost single-handedly kept the T100 community going.

He was the driving force behind the NADSBox.

I just hope and pray his legacy doesn't go down the same path as Don Maslin's.

...I just hope and pray his legacy doesn't go down the same path as Don Maslin's.
Indeed...

But I think the chances are good; unlike in Don's case Rick's family is supportive and aware of the value and significance of his legacy, and of course one of the functions of Club100 has always been to make the material available to everyone.

Efforts are being organized to deal with the hardware side and I'm pretty confident that Club100 will carry on.

But it sure won't be the same without Rick; we'll miss ya, buddy!

Last edited:
Rick was the founder of Club-100, and has kept it going for 20+ years, seeing the platform gain add-ons never dreamed about.
Rick was always willing to help others, and rarely lost his temper. He was a genuine "Good Guy," and will be sorely missed.
Also a talented musician, hot-rod builder, handyman, and all around nice guy.

You're right about Rick being missed. He almost single-handedly kept the T100 community going.

He was the driving force behind the NADSBox.

I just hope and pray his legacy doesn't go down the same path as Don Maslin's.

Actually, his wife has already reached out asking for help with his "stuff."

I'm sure he probably had an entire garage full of stuff to support us.

T

Back